16 April 2010

Weekend Reading List

For me, Agatha Christie, the queen of crime, is pure escape. This week, instead of filing my income tax, I started on two of her books which I probably read in my teens, but haven't since. Crooked House is quite the masterpiece and Why Didn't They Ask Evans? (what a fantastic title, right?) is wonderfully convoluted. I picked thes up because I think I've exhausted all her books that feature Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot. These two are unfamiliar because I love her two legendary detectives (well, actually Miss Marple isn't strictly a detective) so much I never look at those that feature the others (for instance, there's a series that features a couple, Tommy and Tuppence). I can't wait for bed time to come when I crawl under the covers, burn my L'Artisan candle and devour the books. Which reminds me that there is a new perfume guide out by husband and wife team Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez called Perfumes: The A- Z Guide. It's the updated 2009 version of their 2007 Perfumes: The Guide. It's a little confusing isn't it? Anyway, it's a must for any perfume junkie.
I'm drawing again so I started to glance through The Diary Of Frida Kahlo, which I find inspiring and really more interesting than her paintings, some of which are, frankly, quite bad. Frida Kahlo's personal iconography is endlessly fascinating, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment